2021 Municipal Movement Politics Academy
Tuesday, January 12 — Saturday, April 17
Who: current or prospective campaign staff or candidates in a 2021 municipal election
When: The course is SEVEN weeks long. Sessions are split into weeknight and Saturday sessions. Set dates are as follows; all weeknight training will run from 6 pm to 8:30 pm, and all Saturday training will run from 10 am to 4 pm.
- Tuesday, March 2nd
- Thursday, March 4th
- Wednesday, March 10th
- Saturday, March 13th
- Tuesday, March 16th
- Saturday, March 20th
- Tuesday, March 23rd
- Thursday, March 25th
- Wednesday, March 31st
- Optional session: Either April 6,7 or 8th: we will host a Q&A with champion movement politicians who served office
- Saturday, April 10th
- Optional session: Either April 13th, 14th, 15th: we will host a Q&A with champion movement politicians who served office
- Saturday, April 17th
**All weeknight training will run from 6 pm to 8:30 pm, and all Saturday training will run from 10 am to 4 pm**
****Participants must attend ALL sessions in real-time on Zoom****
Where: All sessions will be occurring via ZOOM video.
What: We will be covering the following topics:
- Introduction to Movement Politics
- Power & Self Interest
- One to Ones & propositions
- Field Plans for People Powered Campaigns
- Fundraising & Data
- Messaging, Narrative, Core Communications Skills, Stump Speeches
- Scaled Organizing: Distributed, Relational, and Building Volunteer Teams
- Planning to Win: Crash Course on Making a Campaign Plan
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Our Movement Politics team reviews applications. Once reviewed, applicants will complete an interview before a decision is made on their acceptance into the program. Once accepted, individuals will pay the $100 training fee to secure their spot in the program.
Cost: $100 per participant. Limited scholarships are available. Please email email@example.com if you are interested in a scholarship.
NOTE: candidates running for office and have already filed to run are not eligible for a scholarship due to campaign finance laws.