Detroit Business Association Consortium and other events
Monday, May 24 — Friday, July 30
Detroit Business Association Consortium is hosting a virtual event to discuss Small Business Outdoor Activation for Summer 2021. The event is May 24 at 8:30–10:30am and will feature panelists that can provide information on ideas, best practices, sources of funding, and local approvals necessary to assist your district businesses with fun and engaging ways to get outside. Panelists include representatives from Patronicity, City of Detroit, and Batch Brewing. Register here for zoom information and of course feel free to reach out with questions.
Other events and resources of interest:
- DTE is offering two microgrant programs with applications due by May 31st. Builders Neighborhood Microgrants Bridge Builders Main Street Microgrants are available to residents, businesses and artists to strengthen social connections and transform communities. More information is attached.
- Samvid Ventures is launching CRP: Summer Leap, a prize to support nonprofits serving low-to moderate-income youth over the summer. Requests for up to $50,000 to support summer programming will be considered. Applications will be accepted until Wednesday, May 19 at noon.
- Consumers Energy is offering free access to SizeUp a small business insights tool that allows small businesses access to market insights to help level the playing firld with your competitors. Access to the tool, as well as a short video on how to use it, can be found here.
- MEDC is offering a free live webcast titled; Downtown Reset: What’s Next for Retail? On May 25, at 1pm. The event will be a live discussion with Main Street managers from across the state on how they have supported businesses within their district post COVID. For more information and to register for this free event, click here.
- The Restaurant Revitalization Fund provides emergency assistance for eligible restaurants, bars, and other qualifying businesses impacted by COVID-19. Applications are now open and assistance with completing the application is available.
- Michigan Small Business Development Center is offering a ‘Comeback Kit’ Online Learning Course for small businesses. It is a self-paced course designed to assist owners and entrepreneurs come back from the impacts and effects of the pandemic. Businesses can register here.
- Samvid Ventures and Venture for America has launched part one of the 2021 application for partner organization hoping to host a VFA Fellow within their social impact organization in Detroit with limited cost to the host organization. Applications are due tomorrow (May 14). More information and application materials can be found here.
- LISC/Food Locker Foundation Community Empowerment Program is a $3 million, multi-city initiative to support community and youth empowerment in underserved communities. Grants range from $20,000-$100,000. Proposals are due by July 30, 2021.