- This event has passed.
Michigan Main Street Training Series 2019
Tuesday, June 11 @ 8:00 am — 4:00 pm
Enjoy a day‐long workshop covering the fundamentals of the Main Street Approach TM to strategic and volunteer‐driven efforts for neighborhood organizing and commercial corridor revitalization.
Morning Session: MAIN STREET BASICS. Attendees will leave this session with strategies for:
- Identifying an area for focused revitalization efforts
- Developing an effective organizational structure and determining roles and
responsibilities for your community development organization
- Building broad based community support designed to help your community development organization reach your goals
- Growing volunteer capacity
- Communicating effectively with neighborhood stakeholders and partners
Afternoon Session: MAIN STREET IN PRACTICE. During this session attendees will learn:
- Strategies for developing an effective budget to support your community development organization
- Tactics for fundraising to develop projects and programming that support commercial corridor revitalization efforts
- National examples from urban neighborhoods and commercial corridors utilizing the Main Street Approach TM to guide their revitalization efforts