Detroit CDO Database
Detroit’s Community Development organizations have been at work in Detroit’s neighborhoods for many years. These are organizations whose work aligns with BECDD’s working definition of Community Development Organization (CDO). This definition focuses on the five community development roles: facilitation/collaboration, resident engagement and empowerment, resident support, economic development and community planning/advocacy.
The information presented here has been provided by, and is published with the permission of, the executive leaders of the Community Development Organizations that are described herein. BECDD would appreciate any users of this database respecting the intent of this information: to promote and support Detroit neighborhoods. When using this database please acknowledge that the source of the information is Building the Engine of Community Development in Detroit. BECDD will not responsible for the inappropriate use of this database.
Community Development Organization Interviews
- Bridging Communities
- Cass Corridor Neighborhood Development Corporation
- Central Detroit Christian
- Chadsey Condon Community Organization
- Cody Rouge Community Action Alliance
- Congress of Communities of Southwest Detroit Neighborhoods
- Detroit Catholic Pastoral Alliance
- Detroit Hispanic Development Corporation
- Focus Hope Revitalization
- Genesis Harbor of Opportunities Promoting Excellence (GenesisHOPE)
- Georgia Street Community Collective
- Sinai Grace Guild Community Development Corporation
- Grandmont Rosedale Development Corporation
- Jefferson East Inc
- Joy-Southfield Community Development Corporation, Inc.
- Mack Avenue Community Church Community Development Corporation (MACC)
- New Hope Community Development Nonprofit Housing Corporation (New Hope)
- North End Woodward Community Coalition (NEWCC)
- Osborn Neighborhood Alliance
- U SNAP BAC
- Urban Neighborhood Initiatives (UNI)
- The Villages Community Development Corporation
We will continue to update this with more interviews we have that are now in process.